Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Banh Mi

The hubby and I stopped by Bunker in Brooklyn to get our Banh Mi fix on Saturday.  Now the strange thing is that I could easily eat my weight in pate if you set a cheese and charcuterie tray in front of me.  However, I do not care for the pate part of the Banh Mi which is why I always order the vegetarian version.  Some people would say that is then not a true Banh Mi. But the truth is that I am really just eating the sandwich because of the delicious crusty bread and those pickled vegetables.  I find myself thinking about the Banh Mi quite a bit which means I should give it a try at home.  Mainly because Bunker is a pretty small place and my stopping by daily might lead to a restraining order.  I think I'm going to give this recipe a go.  Let me know if anyone out there has anything tried and true.

p.s. Yes, that is a homemade keffir limeade in the background!

No comments: