Friday, August 6, 2010

SongVote

Music Voting Site.

You know what my least favorite part of planning a party is? The music.

I will sit and agonize over my vast collection of random music and stress about whether the group of guests that I have invited will understand it makes total sense to me to play Roxy Music and follow it up with Snoop Dogg.

Which is why the day before a party, my husband usually finds me muttering to myself and looking like this...



Thank god someone was a freakin' genius and came up with the fantastic site SongVote. This 100% free service allows you to have your guests create the playlist. It's as easy as this:

1. Create a profile.

2. Create a "Contest".

3. Set your parameters - Event Date, Description/Genre, Number of Votes allowed, End Date for entries

4. Invite your guests to view the "Contest".

5. Your guests go to your "contest" and make suggestions of what to play...as well as vote to increase rank of what other guests have picked.

Voila! Instant playlist.

Since I know that our readers will want to give this a try, I've created a little contest for you to participate in. I want to hear your suggestions for my Afternoon Blogging Songlist. The VIP Code is hhblog and your password is 992.

I'm anxious to see what you all suggest!!

2 comments:

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

This is a very cool idea. I usually just do something lazy like put on something atmospheric like Air or Zero 7 and call it a day, but this is a great way to get more creative without fear. Thanks for the idea!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Such a great idea! :)