Monday, April 26, 2010

Hip Hostess Expansion

Big News and a Fun Find.

A couple of months ago, my husband was offered an amazing opportunity in Chicago. Fantastic for him...scary for me and Hip Hostess. So Brandi and I put our heads together and decided that we could make this a win/win situation. The result...Hip Hostess is expanding to service both Chicago and NYC!!



As of May, we'll be working with clients in the Windy City and establishing relationships with all of the talented local vendors. So, if you are based in Chicago, don't be shy...we want to hear from you.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get acclimated to my new town. I've lived here before, but time has changed this city quite a bit. I now live in Wicker Park/Ukrainian Village...which I had never even been to when living here previously. So, I've make it my personal mission to explore all that my hip neighborhood has to offer.

I wasted no time getting to know the local grub. We dropped off our suitcases at the new place and immediately headed to The Smoke Daddy. Smoked meats covered in homemade sauces. Brisket, pulled pork, and ribs...oh my. If you live in or around Chicago, check it out.

If you live elsewhere, you can experienced this tasty BBQ deliciousness as well by ordering their homemade sauces online. Your grill, a rack of ribs, and one of these sauces is all that you need for a tasty meal. Mmm...so good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats! and yum! Been there and what a HUGE city! Best of luck!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

coolkids said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I am jealous. I lived in the city for 9 years and now live in the suburbs. I actually lived in Wicker Park/Bucktown. I miss all of the great places in the area. Run don’t walk to Milk and Honey on Division. They have the best pancakes around, great sandwiches and to.die.for carrot cake! Alliance Bakery is also one of my faves. I probably good go on and on all day long.  If you need anymore information, I would be happy to help.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Welcome! Smoke Daddy has one of the best beer lists in Chicago- great place to start!

Hip Hostess said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm having a lot of fun exploring my new 'hood. I'm sure you'll hear all about my finds in the not-too-distant future.

- Amber