Saturday, April 11, 2009

Heavenly Ham

Food.

Tomorrow is a big day for pork-lovers. Easter is sort of the unofficial ham holiday. And I have a confession for all of you - I love pork loin. I love pork chops. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bacon. But I've always been only so-so about ham. Sure it's fine in a sandwich or in an omlet, but I don't usually crave a slice of cooked ham for a main course. But all of that was before I found the following recipe.

A couple of years ago, my Aunt Debbie whipped up quite the Easter feast. I was expecting the so-so ham (nothing to do with her cooking skills...which are fantastic) mixed with lots of delicious sides to mask the blah ham. Instead, this ham had me practically licking the platter clean. It was an epiphany for me...now I LOVE ham! This one is worth trying tomorrow...trust me.

The Head Butler's Ham recipe

16-18 pound ready to eat ham, pre-cooked, bone in.
1 box dark brown sugar
1/2 c. Gulden's Mustard
1/2 c. bourbon
1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs
1 c. honey
2 Tablespoons ground cloves

Mix ingredients. Pour over ham. Cook in pre-heated oven 350 degrees.

Baste constantly after first half hour for 2-3 hours.
Let ham cool for 15 min. before serving.

No comments: